Don’t worry. We get it.
The title is a bit confusing of course. It is supposed to be confusing. Why? Well, because we are confused as well.
When was the last time you had a vacation where you actually had fun? When I say fun, I mean real fun where you basically forgot every stressor in your life and you came back with less emotional and psychological baggage than when you started the vacation.
Long time, eh?
Well, I don’t blame you. While it is easier to get a vacation nowadays, having a real “fun” vacation is much harder. Especially when you don’t know what you are doing.
Here are some quick and easy tips for you to have fun during your vacations:
- Prepare your booking (plane, hotel, areas on interests) ahead of time. Don’t just go into a vacation and shout YOLO! because it will cause you nothing but stress. Aside from making sure you have everything booked properly, some businesses provide larger discounts for vacation goers book way ahead of time.
- Get to know the place you are going to and prepare accordingly. Going to a tropical paradise? No point in bringing the parka, right? Always make sure you know where you are going and be always prepared for it. If you are going to expect a bit of hiking, bring your hiking shoes. Nobody wants to cross the Alps in Stilettos.
- Be mentally prepared to go on vacation. Most of the people I know who can’t have fun during vacations are the ones that really can’t disconnect with their regular life. Set your phones on silent, don’t read work emails, only answer phone calls from specific people. You can’t have fun in the beach when all you think about is the presentation you are going to make once you get back.
- Don’t trade money over comfort. A lot of people nowadays tend to go for the cheaper options and I won’t blame them. But always remember that it is cheaper for a reason. If you really want to get away, splurge a little. Don’t skimp out on your adventure.
- Bring like minded people with you. Nobody wants a dementor in the party so you shouldn’t even bother bringing one. Ask friends, family, or colleagues who think the same way yo do. No party-poopers, no forcing to party, just enjoying the vacation just the way you like it.